38 HOUR CLASS/FULL DRIVER'S ED (30 Classroom/8 Driving Hours)
- AGES: 15-17
- COST: $400.00 (additional 3% processing fee for debit/credit card)
- WHEN: 2nd and 3rd Weekends of Every Month (Classroom Portion)
*Dates Subject to Change in the summer and during Holidays
- WHERE: 206 W. Alabama Ruston, La 71270
*May also add Classes in other locations throughout the year.
- At 17 years old, this course can get the student a full drivers license.
- Once the Student has completed all the 38 Hour Requirements they will be given a sealed envelope with their Certificate of Completion and Documents.
THIS ENVELOPE MUST REMAIN SEALED.
If the seal is broken before taken to the DMV and the student MUST return to the Driving School and Retake the Test. (An additional $50 Administration fee will apply.)
*See parent contract below for more information.
If paying through PayPal, please fill out online registration form
Already registered? Make a payment HERE
THIRD PARTY TESTING (TPT) - ROAD SKILLS TEST for the DMV
- We offer the Road Skills Testing during the day, after hours, weekends, & in weather conditions.
Students may use their vehicle for the Road Skills Test or use our Driver Ed car for a fee of $25.
- Cost $40.00
- Call /Text David @ 318-245-6566 for a TPT appointment.
Applicants 17 year or above:
Once the applicant has completed the appropriate Driver's Ed Class/Pre-licensing Course, the Road Skills Test will need to be conducted by us or any TPT... PRIOR to applying for a Full License at the DMV.
Seventeen year olds who took the 38 Hr Class may apply for a Full License and take the Road Skills Test with Parent Permission.
Students 18 years and older MUST take the Road Skills Test before going to the DMV.
Applicants 16 year old:
We can administer the Road Skills test to 16 year olds who have held their Learners permit for at least 180 days.
Once they meet this criteria, they are eligible to upgrade to an Intermediate License.
*Once the Road Skills Test is Complete and Passed (a score of 80 and above); the student will be given a sealed envelope to take to the DMV.
If the seal is broken prior to going to the DMV, it is considered Null and Void and the student will have to return to the Driving School to Retest.
Please use the links below to download your forms.
Please bring completed forms on the first day of class.
- Parent Information
- 38 Hour Contract
TO RESERVE A SPOT OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT US:
Call/Text: David 318.245.6566
Like us on Facebook for more information
We accept cash, credit/debit cards, PayPal, or money orders made out to Head Start Driving.
If paying with credit/debit card there will be an extra 3% charge of $12.00 for a processing fee.
Cash and Money Order can be paid the first day of class or on the designated registration day.
At least a $200 Deposit is due to register. Complete payments must be made before to the student's driving appointments begin.
What Students must take to the DMV to apply for their Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP):
- Original Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Current School Enrollment Form (Obtained from your High school, GED, Home School Program).
*If student does not have the above, see Drivers Manual for other acceptable documents.
- Sealed Envelope from the Driving School with the Certificate of Completion of Driver's Ed (White Copy) & the Students State Test. This envelope must remain sealed and opened only by the DMV to remain valid. If the seal is broken the student must return to the Driving School and Retake the State Test.
- At least $40 CASH (charges vary, check online)
- Custodial parent/legal guardian must be present with their driver's license or ID(Proof of Custody Documents as needed)
- Two Peices of Mail
FOR SPECIFIC CLASS DATES: REFER TO OUR GOOGLE CALENDAR, TEXT US OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK
*RESERVE A SPOT BY COMPLETING THE ONLINE ENROLLMENT FORM, TEXTING US YOUR NAME AND INFORMATION, VIA EMAIL OR FACEBOOK INBOX.
ONCE ENROLLED YOU WILL RECEIVE ADDITIONALCLASS INFORMATION & CONFIRMATION TEXT APPROXIMATELY 1-2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE CLASS START.
*EVEN THOUGH YOUR STUDENT IS ENROLLED IN THE CLASS THE LEGAL DOMICILLARY PARENT WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION PAPERWORK, SIGN TEMPORARY DRIVING PERMIT, PROVIDE THE STUDENTS ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS OR DESIGNATED REGISTRATION DAY.
CLASSROOM MANUAL- We will provide the student with a Classroom Manual to use. However, the student can download and print their own manual from our links page. The students are encouraged to review the Manual Prior to Class.